How do I send a payment request?
Sending a payment request through Borrowed & Blue can be done in four easy steps:
- Login to your Borrowed & Blue account.
- Click on the My B&B button in the top, right-hand corner of your screen and choose Payments Dashboard from the dropdown.
- If you haven't yet enrolled in B&B Payments, fill out the form.
- Once you've completed the form, you can create a Payment Request.
- Fill out the information in the Send a Payment Request box, including the recipient’s name and email address, the amount requested, and a personal message.
- Click the Send Payment Request button and voilà! The recipient will now receive an email with instructions to submit their payment.
What will my client see once I submit a payment request?
You can see exactly what happens in this helpdesk article.
Or, you can create a test payment to yourself. If you create a test to yourself, we recommend choosing a representative price tag, instead of just like $1.
How do I know that my client has received my request?
When a client has received your payment request, it will show up in the Pending Payment Requests box on your Payments Dashboard.
How do I know when my client has paid my request?
You'll receive an email notification, and it'll show up as Paid in your Payments Dashboard.
I received a notification that my payment request has been paid, but I don’t see the money in my account!
It can take up to 7-10 business days for the funds to show up in your account, but typically it show up much quicker than that. The first deposit into your account can take longer than subsequent ones. If you haven't seen the funds in 10 business days, please contact us.
What are the costs associated with using B&B Payments?
B&B Payments is no cost to vendors. 100% free. When you use B&B Payments to get paid, we only collect a fee from the couple. With B&B Payments, the amount deposited into your bank account is the same as the amount requested on your invoice. (Though, if you prefer, you can opt to cover the client fee.) Presently, this fee amounts to the standard credit card processing charge.
Can I customize the Payment Request email that my client receives from me?
Your logo will appear on the top of the email requesting the payment that's sent to the couple.
To add a custom message to the Payment Request email that your client receives, fill out the Message field located in the Send a Payment Request box on your Payments Dashboard.
You cannot currently customize the look or main text of this email, but we’re working on adding that functionality and more. If you have ideas for more tools or features you’d like to see added, please let us know and we’ll get it on our to-do list!